Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Exhaustion

Sleep. It eludes me. I've been laying awake at night. I'm not a fan. I've tried having a drink, taking some pain reliever PM, and even doing both.  Nada. I'm one of those people who requires 8 hours, just the way I have always been. So running on just a few hours really is getting old. Not to mention my heater is stuck "ON". This means my bedroom last night was 82 degrees. With the window open. Thank God I don't pay for heat.

Rain. Its January in Northern Illinois. Its raining. A lot. Then the rain freezes, and everything turns to ice. Then it melts, and it all starts again. I'm not a fan. I'd rather it be snowing.

Reading. So much reading to do. I've determined that professors are on a crazy roll this semester. Each class requires hours of reading almost every night. And I have a hell of a time understanding what it is I'm reading. I had to read and reread Marbury v. Madison; a 3L saw me with the Con.Law Stories book. He asked where we were, I told him... apparently I read one of the greatest stories in the book. I'm unaware of this, it was interesting... but not amazing. But to each his own.

Gunners. Really? Just stop. Nobody wants to hear you. There is this guy in Civ Pro, he finds it needed to even talk over the professor. It is so obnoxious. Hes a 2L, I don't know why he is in this class, but he is. I think he is out to show us that he is smart or something. I haven't heard a single good thing from a 1L about him. But whatever...

Appellate Brief. We got the fact pattern and info we are going to use to start our research... its basically a book.. probably 30 pages of information that we are supposed to analyze and then write our own (I've heard 40-50 page) brief. Ahhh or we could just not.

Basic Legal Research (BLR). We have a workshop today. It is frustrating how unhelpful they are at times. BLR is tied in with Legal Writing, so we are learning how to formulate searches etc. in WestLaw and Lexis. But the reps just stand there and say click here, click here, oh look what you found! And I'm like how is this supposed to help me in practice? I know how to click where I'm told so I'm all set?

1L Closing Argument Competition. Its this weekend. Wow did that sneak up on me. Yeah I have done nothing for that. Guess that's going to be interesting... Its supposed to be a good training tool for our Appellate Arguments later this semester.

Brother. Baby is a boy, due April 14th (ish). His name is Charles Edward Junior (CJ). Its cute.

Money. Disbursement Check should be in by tomorrow, which means I can buy some food! Yay! Oh and pay rent and credit cards...

I need to find a way to get some sleep at night, like deep good sleep. Yup. time to research.

No comments:

Post a Comment