Thursday, March 28, 2013

Stateville

Today I went to Stateville, Maximum Security Correctional Center. It was amazing. I was a little (lot) scary and at times I kind of just wanted to cry... but I didn't, and I looked and was just inspired. I'm not sure I want to be a public defender after today, Prosecutor definent possibility. But after seeing those men today, after the cat calls, after being openly jerked off to (that's what the guard said they were doing, why they darkened the rooms in the round). I'm not sure I want to defend those people... but at the same time I think of the wrongly accused, the not guilty, the innocent and think about them living in Stateville. and well that is disgusting. If you ever get the chance to go to Stateville, go. Open your eyes to a part of the world you only see on TV. It's literally another world. 




The Round House

Sky View of the Prison 

View of the cells in the round house

No comments:

Post a Comment