Sunday, November 4, 2012

Medical Malpractice

My legal writing professor did medical malpractice before she was a prof. So my Memo assignments have been related to medical malpractice. I DO NOT WANT TO BE A MED MAL ATTORNEY. Why? Well reading some of the cases for research makes me nauseated. We are doing a case about medical malpractice and stent placement, for those of you who don't know stents are placed with a special kind of catheter. So I ran a search about med mal cases with catheters involved. Yeah. As it turns out a catheter (of another kind) broke off in an obese man's neck (possibly) because the person who removed the stent pulled to hard on it. (the judge went into detail... it was soooo gross) I had to call my mom to keep myself from vomiting. I guess I know I will never be a doctor or a nurse too based on that... alas the case wasn't that helpful so hopefully I won't need to read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment